Photo by You X Ventures on Unsplash

After completing the reading and watching Rich’s video, I have a much better understanding of the term ‘multimedia’. Previously, I had always connected the term multimedia to technology since it has the word media. However, learning that multimedia includes several different interactive learning methods is really exciting for me. As I am applying to become a teacher, I am looking forward to exploring different types of multimedia learning and evaluate how best they can enhance learning for students. One thing I am nervous about in this course is the technological aspect as I do not consider myself that tech-savvy.

Over the course of my degree, one of my favorite interactive learning objects to use in class has been Kahoot. A prof that I have had for a few classes always required an interactive component for our presentations. Using the learning platform Kahoot, allowed the class to interact with our presentation visually and vocally by discussing the answers. I have found that having an interactive component to presentations creates a more impactful learning experience overall.  For learning experiences that do not involve technology, I find visuals crucial in facilitating my learning. As my major is geography, having maps as visuals in my textbooks has been essential to my learning and concept would have been much more challenging without.