I am excited to present my new and improved Google Earth Presentation. For this assignment, I have created a new Google Earth Presentation to demonstrate my further understanding of Multimedia Design Principles. I decided to recreate my Google Earth Story over other multimedia objects I have created, as I could easily improve certain features to increase knowledge transfers.

The snapshot was taken from my new Google Earth Presentation

From watching Dr. Ray Pastore’s Video, I knew there were a few more principles I could include to engage the learner further in my presentation. I bolded the key information on the side text boxes in my Google Story to adhere to the Signaling Principle. The Signaling Principle states that cues for important information can reduce the cognitive load. Therefore, bolding these important points in my presentation will help my audience retain key information. I also focused on the personalization principle, as my last Google Story was of a random location. When recreating this new presentation, I personalized it to where I have traveled since Highschool. I added personal photos and locations that I have visited. Therefore, when I present this project to family and friends, most already know about where I have traveled and will be able to remember the facts of my presentation easier. Finally, the last improvement from my previous post was focusing on avoiding the redundancy principle. The redundancy principle states that repeating the same information increases the cognitive load and interferes with learning. In my last google story, I looked at the same location repetitively. Therefore, in my new Google Story, I was sure to always use different locations and present new information.

Photo by NASA on Unsplash

Overall, I believe Google Story’s allow for many multimedia principles to take place. Moving through the assignment at the user’s pace allows for Interactivity Effect. It also allows for the contiguity principle, which suggests having related information (the location and textboxes) in close proximity increases learning.

Click Here to see my Google Story