After exploring Week 9’s assignment, there have been several learning concepts that I have been introduced to which have left me to reflect on my own learning and what tools have helped me succeed.

WEEK-9 Bad News Score

First, I played the game Bad News, where I scored 11085 followers from spreading fake news. The game followed the segmenting principle as the learner could work through the game at their own pace and the personalization principle as the language used throughout the game was simple and casual. However, the voice principle was not used and could have been a useful additional feature to the game. Overall, I really enjoyed the game and am looking forward to using it with some of the students I tutor. My only suggestion would be to have a bit more explanation as to why the user is gaining or losing followers or why it is important to be use biases in the news.

My Personal Sketchnote

Another cool activity I got to try this week was sketchnoting! Above is the sketchnote I created for the article posted about the benefits of sketchnoting in the assignment. The piece I created was not my best artistic work, however, I learned how sketchnoting can be very useful for note-taking. I found sketchnoting to best adhere to the Coherency Principle of multimedia learning as creating the images allowed me to focus on the important concepts. This is in comparison to regular not taking, where I would usually copy down every word.

Overall, I think sketchnoting is a great tool, especially for visual learners! My only worry would be trying to get into the habit of how to properly sketchnote and include all the right information. For example, if there is a new word I am writing in my notes, how would I know what image to draw?