I was excited to have the opportunity to learn and explore the story writing platform Twine this week. Since I started tutoring three years ago, other tutors have mentioned using Twine with their students but I could never figure out how to use it. Therefore, I was looking forward to producing my own Twine story this week.

Photo by Glenn Carstens-Peters on Unsplash

There are a couple of multimedia learning principles from Dr. Ray Pastore’s video that directly relate to my Twine story.

• Interactivity Principle: users have the option to move through the learning object at their own pace.
  • Segmenting Principle:  People learn better from shorter sections of information. Each ‘page’ on Twine only displays one set of scenarios. This allows the user to focus on each set when reading through the game.
  • Signaling Principle: When the user is choosing which pathway to take, Twine bolds the pathway you are about to select. This helps alert the user that they are selecting the right path.

I look forward to using Twine when I become a teacher. I currently lead a book club over Zoom and the students always talk about writing their own comics and graphic novels. I am excited to show them this learning platform to enhance their story writing abilities.

Click here to see my Twine Story